Sunday, September 23, 2007

How Can You Tell If Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Is Lying?

The answer, of course, is when his lips are moving.

60 Minutes this week had a hilarious interview with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad today. If you've got it on Tivo be sure to watch it. You can hear him utter such gems* as:



  • What do we need a nuclear bomb for? The nuclear era has passed.

  • (After hearing a quote from George Bush that was basically telling him off) I can't believe that George Bush said something like that. That must be your interpretation of what he said.

  • I wanted to visit Ground Zero to pay my respects.



I just couldn't help but thinking about how Satan is known as The Father of all Lies. This guy was lying through his teeth like crazy. I almost thought that he believed his lies.

The top quote of the evening was at the end. It had me rolling...

"I am a Moslem. I can not lie."

Too funny!

*Unless an item is in direct quotes, I am paraphrasing Ahmadinejad's sayings. The saying I directly quoted was a quote of what his translator said.

No comments: