Since the biggest thing preoccupying my time right now is the house fire, I'm making a list on the best and worst things of having a house fire. I'll save the best for last by getting the bad stuff out of the way first.
The Worst Things About Having A House Fire
- Losing your stuff
- Having to make an inventory of everything that you own and lost for the insurance company
- Having to live an hour across town because your old house is no longer inhabitable
- Cleaning out the refrigerator after it's been without power for a week
- Cleaning everything else in the house that's covered in soot and ashes
- The bank putting a hold on the insurance company's advance check because they're not used to you depositing so much money in the bank at one time
- Throwing away all the plastic baby toys that they can no longer use, remembering your kids playing with them
- Seeing your baby's destroyed pictures
The best thing about having a house fire
- Getting to shop for new things
- Getting the opportunity to take pictures... you never know, maybe they'll be a contest for a picture of the "worst bathroom" and you'll be in the running!
- Discovering things that are still usable even after the fire
- Starting to resume a normal life again
- Having less stuff... easier to declutter!
So that's the best and worst that I can think of so far.