Friday, August 3, 2007

More Chinese Recalls

This time it's toys. There are many that have been manufactured with lead paint.

If you want to check to see if your child's toys are affected, you can check with this link.

I've written on China and all the recalls that have been coming out of there lately, so I don't think I need to rehash everything I already wrote. Follow the recalls tags to read my other commentary.

In a way, we are reaping what we are sowing in terms of who manufactures our products. Not that us regular people really have a choice where products are made, but we as a society kept buying toys even though they stopped making them in the US. We keep buying these toys and products even though we hear that the people making them are hardly paid anything, and some of the products are even made by prisoners.

Do we really expect top quality from people that are being paid $.50 a day? I guess it's something to think about.

No comments: